The Olympic Peninsula is such a beautiful and lush part of the Northwest; we have gorgeous forests and rugged coastlines to explore. Thankfully, our Sequim Cottages offer you the best of both worlds. We’re on a bluff overlooking the Strait of Juan de Fuca and have the Olympic Mountains behind us. Our cozy Sequim Cottages overlook the waterfront, and we have a private beach for our guests to enjoy—perfect for bonfires, beachcombing, and birdwatching.
Sequim is also ideal to stay if you plan to go hiking, biking, or on other outdoor adventures this winter. The Northwest is an outdoor lover’s paradise, after all! Additionally, this lush destination in the NW corner of Washington State is also a magical place for romance. Our Sequim cottages are the perfect place to escape for a unique couples’ getaway, and this winter is the perfect time to start planning.
The Dungeness Bay Cottages are situated right on Sequim’s beautiful waterfront on the Olympic Peninsula, an area known for its majestic mountains, breathtaking beauty, and unbeatable outdoor recreation. At just three hours from Seattle and Tacoma, our waterfront cottages are close enough to get away for the weekend, but it feels as though it’s miles away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Moreover, the area is absolutely full of charm and character, along with plenty of things to do.
Book a romantic getaway at our Sequim Cottages today!
Enjoy the Best Winter Getaway at our Sequim Cottages
It really goes without saying that you should spend ample time exploring the Olympic Peninsula while visiting us in Sequim. There are more things to do here than we care to count, and the weather is mild and enjoyable year-round. In fact, Sequim is famous for its mild and relatively dry climate, not typical for the notoriously rainy Pacific Northwest!
Get outside for some hiking and biking, head to Hurricane Ridge for cross-country or downhill skiing, explore charming small towns like Port Townsend or Port Angeles, or curl up and relax in our cozy accommodations; our Sequim cottages genuinely have it all.
Here are the best things to do in Sequim at our vacation property this winter:
- In the Northwest, chilly days don’t stop us from enjoying the beach! On clear, crisp days, it’s lovely to head down to Dungeness Bay’s rocky and sandy shoreline. As a guest at our Sequim Cottages, you’ll be a matter of steps to our private beach reserved for beachcombing and bonfires.
- Be sure to take in the sunrises and sunsets from the large windows of your cottage or the beach. These sights are unbelievable and the perfect place to start and end each day on the Olympic Peninsula.
- Skiing at the Hurricane Ridge Ski Area in the Olympic National Park is a fantastic way to spend a winter day. Located just about an hour from our Sequim lodging, you’ll be able to hit the slopes and retreat to our cozy cabins to warm up and relax in the evening.
- The Dungeness Spit is the longest sand spit in the US and is home to the New Dungeness Lighthouse. With the right timing with the tides, guests can hike out to the lighthouse (about five miles) for a refreshing walk along the water.
- There are so many things to do in downtown Sequim, including its world-class restaurants, great shopping, and wine tasting. We suggest Nourish for a healthy, gluten-free lunch and Salty Girls Seafood Company for freshly shucked oysters and sparkling wine for happy hour and dinner.
- Grab a beer at one of the excellent local breweries, or head to the fantastic Washington wineries for tasting and tours!
This is just the beginning of all the best things to do in Sequim near our beachfront cottages. You really have to come to experience it for yourself!
One of the Best Places to Unwind and Relax in Sequim
While these fall and winter months are a great time to plan a romantic getaway to our waterfront cottages in Sequim, it’s also a great time to start planning for future visits. Each visit to this incredible area is certainly unique, with a delightful array of things to do and see. Our six comfortable and well-appointed cottages with full kitchens are the best home base for exploring everything on the Olympic Peninsula.
We know after one trip here; you’ll be hooked, wanting to come back time and time again. And we’d be pleased to host you at our clean, comfortable, and artfully appointed accommodations each time you do!
Start planning your next getaway to our Sequim Cottages, and book today!