The Olympic Peninsula Wineries Trail is made up of a group of amazing vineyards (and even some cideries). With eight spots in total, this isn’t the largest wine trail you’ll experience, but here near Sequim it’s quality over quantity. These Olympic Peninsula Wineries are all locally-owned by hard working wine makers and farmers. More than likely on any wine tasting tour you’ll meet the owners and wine makers as they pour you a glass and they always welcome visitors with open arms.
Many of these Olympic Peninsula Wineries use grapes grown on the eastern side of Washington State, due to the dryer climate and more ideal growing conditions. But that’s not to say that there aren’t successful vineyards on this side of the Cascades. That’s one of the best parts of visiting these Olympic Peninsula Wineries, you’ll get to taste through an amazing line up of locally grown and eastern grown varietals.
The absolutely perfect place to stay in Sequim is our little community of amazing waterfront cottages and unique vacation rentals. You’ll have expansive views of the beautiful waters of Dungeness Bay to the north and the lush and verdant backdrop of the Olympic National Park to the south. There are so many things to do in Sequim and the outlaying areas for hiking adventures, wine tasting, and relaxing on the beach.
Check our fall availability and book your next getaway to Sequim today!
Visit these Olympic Peninsula Wineries near Sequim
The Olympic Peninsula Wineries Trail runs from Port Angeles west to Port Townsend, with our charming town of Sequim square in the center. As a guest at our waterfront cottages, you could pick a direction for wine tasting and then head the other direction the next day! Either way, you’re going to enjoy some fantastic Washington wines.
Here are the eight wineries along the Olympic Peninsula Wineries Trail:
- Harbinger Winery: The converted logging shop turned rustic winery and tasting room creates a welcoming space for tasting award-winning red wines like Cabernet Franc and Grenache.
- Camaraderie Cellars: For more than 25 years, this is one of the Olympic Peninsula wineries known for producing bold and balanced Washington wines. Enjoy a flight out in the garden area surrounded by lush forests.
- Olympic Cellars: Proudly family-owned and woman-operated, this Port Angeles winery calls a classic barn built in the early 1900s home. Stop by on a Saturday night for a glass of wine and live music!
- Wind Rose Cellars: Located right in the heart of Sequim, just over 10 minutes from our waterfront cottages, this local winery offers Italian-style wines and great small plates for sharing, don’t miss the baked brie and smoked salmon dip.
- FairWinds Winery: Find more unusual blends and varietals at this maritime-themed Port Townsend winery on the Olympic Peninsula. You’ll more than likely meet the wine maker while tasting a flight here.
- Port Townsend Vineyards: This is one of the Olympic Peninsula wineries growing local grapes on-site at their Vineyard on Portuguese Hill. They have three locations in the Port Townsend area for tastings—the downtown location also offers food choices.
- Eaglemount Winery and Cidery: You’ll find Washington wines, ciders, and meads at this Port Townsend winery. The tasting barn is set on a 12 -acre pastoral farm and woodlands.
- Marrowstone Vineyards: This family-owned and operated winery uses grapes from their own vineyard, as well as some sourced from other standout Washington vines. Head here for a flight with amazing views of the Puget Sound and Cascade Mountains.
For the best routes and more details check out the Olympic Peninsula wineries website. They’re a great resource for planning the best wine tasting adventures near Sequim!
Stay at our Unique Waterfront Cottages in Sequim
For a truly elegant and cozy lodging experience in Sequim, our beachfront cottages offer privacy, beautiful water views, and all the comfort amenities needed for a lovely getaway to the Olympic Peninsula. Tasteful decor, fully equipped kitchens, outdoor fire pit, and private stairs to beach access are just the beginning of the perks of staying at the Dungeness Bay Cottages.
If you’re planning for a relaxing getaway to Sequim, check out the Amor de la Playa Cottage or Beach Cottage, both of which come equipped with a hot tub with expansive water views. It’s the best place to sit with a glass of wine from one of the Olympic Peninsula wineries and breathe the fresh sea air. For larger groups or family vacations check out our four distinct vacation rentals as well. We can’t wait to be your host; book today!