There’s a good reason why people from around this area have nicknamed our quaint town “Sunny Sequim,” and our Sequim lodging is the perfect location to soak up that sunshine. In fact, this coastal town is one of the driest in all of Western Washington, with a rainfall average that’s more comparable to Los Angeles, CA than Seattle, for example. We’re located within the rain shadow of the Olympic Mountains, protecting us from the excess precipitation.
The natural beauty of this area along the Olympic Penisula is unparalleled—and you’ll have one of the best views from our Sequim lodging at the Dungeness Bay Cottages. Sweeping vistas of the Dungeness Spit strewn with ancient driftwood, gorgeous sunsets on the bay, and mountains to your back, our six cottages are the ideal space to enjoy the scenery. We also offer our guests access to our private beach, fire pit, and select rooms with hot tubs.
Our Sequim lodging is one of the best places to stay on the Olympic Peninsula. Previous guests return year after year and always leave glowing reviews about our roomy and tastefully appointed cottages, the waterfront grounds with private beach, and location to all of the most incredible outdoor adventures in the Northwest. Start planning your next getaway and book your cottage at our Sequim lodging today!
The Best Things to do on Vacation at our Sequim Lodging
There are so many activities to experience near our Sequim lodging, from strolling along the Dungeness Spit to the lighthouse, kayaking in the bay, or exploring downtown Sequim; your time here can be as action-packed as you’d like. However, some guests prefer cozying up in our cottages and spending most of their time relaxing, cooking, and creating memories here. There’s no wrong way to enjoy your stay!
Here are our favorite things to do while staying at our Sequim lodging:
- Walk along the Spit to the Dungeness Lighthouse: From the front door of our cabin, take the stairs down to the beach and walk along the nation’s longest sand spit for spectacular views and wildlife. It’s about a five-mile hike to the Dungeness Lighthouse for exciting tours and the area’s history.
- Borrow our Kayaks or Bikes: We offer a host of extra perks when you stay at our Sequim lodging. These amenities include sea kayaks and paddleboards to enjoy the water. And for those who would prefer instead to explore on land, we have peddle and electric bikes for riding in the countryside.
- Lunch in Downtown Sequim: As a guest at our waterfront cottages, you’ll be only a quick ten minutes to the charming downtown area of Sequim. It’s a lovely place to stroll the quaint streets for local shopping, cafes, and restaurants. The local farmer’s market is the perfect place to shop for produce, art, and local wares from May through October.
- Barbeque and Lawn Games: Our area has an abundance of local seafood and produce, and what better way to enjoy the northwest bounty than with a barbeque at our Sequim lodging. Our kitchens are equipped (as well as luxury outdoor grills) with everything you’ll need to host and create the perfect meal. Our sweeping lawns are the ideal place for a rousing game of cornhole, croquet, or frisbee.
- Soak in the Hot tub! Three of our select cottages have additional outdoor space and a hot tub with a spectacular view at our Sequim Lodging: The Olympic Peninsula Suite, Amor de al Playa Cottage, and the Beach Cottage. You’ll love soaking in the jetted spa tubs with panoramic views of the waterfront, even in the chillier months. It’s the best place to unwind with a glass of local wine and lively conversations.
- Spend an evening by the fire: One of our favorite places to spend an evening is by the outdoor fire pit with the company of friends and family for s’mores and warm beverages. As the sun sets and the stars emerge, you’ll truly feel like you’re a world away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
The Perfect Retreat at our Waterfront Cabins
Now that we’ve filled you in on a lot of the outdoor activities at our Dungeness Bay Cottages, we should mention that inside each of our cabins is packed with beautiful amenities, as well. You’ll love our tasteful and whimsical decor, each cottage is unique in theme, but all are comfortable and cozy. After a busy day out and about, you’ll absolutely love curling up to watch a favorite movie or enjoy a pleasant evening taking in the view.
Additionally, we also have four private rental houses available for your getaways to the Olympic Penisula! These options are great for larger family gatherings or those looking for a complete escape from in all. We can’t wait to host you. Book your next stay in Sunny Sequim today!