Set on the amazing Olympic Peninsula, with views of the majestic Olympic Mountains and the Strait of Juan de Fuca, Sequim Washington is a hidden gem of the Pacific Northwest. Lavender Farms dot the landscape. Dungeness Bay Cottages are tucked up right next to the water’s edge here and provide a place to relax in a truly serene setting. Choose from 6 cozy cottage units overlooking Dungeness Bay with your very own private beach! If you are looking for the ultimate summer escape, book your stay with us today!
10 Amazing Lavender Farms in Sequim
Ah! Summer in Sequim Washington! Days of sunshine, in the open air, catching a breeze from the ocean, and the scent of Lavender. The small town of Sequim has the fortune of being the “sunniest place in western Washington” (as some locals say). It is situated on the eastern side of the Olympic Mountains, thus being on the receiving end of the natural phenomena known as the rain shadow.
All of the precipitation that comes off of the Pacific and moves across the Olympic Peninsula gets unloaded onto the western side of the mountains and by the time it gets to the Sequim area, it has dissipated. This makes this little town super sunny and super dry, especially in the summer months. This magic potion of a little rain in the winter, and sun in the summer makes for perfect conditions to grow lavender, and lots of it! Lavender farms dot this gorgeous landscape and are all just a few miles apart from one another.
The farmers here are proud of their unique place in the world and are eager to welcome visitors in the summer to see their crops. We’ve compiled a list of 10 lavender farms to visit in Sequim this summer. Please note: Check individual websites for what precautions are being taken for COVID-19.
- Purple Haze Lavender Farm is a 12 acre certified organic farm. Here there are thousands of lavender plants to wander amongst. There is a gift shop which features Purple Haze Lavender farm’s products. You are welcome to bring a picnic lunch and relax.
- Jardin du Soleil is set on 10 acres and features a garden maze, farm animals to hang out with, and the opportunity to pick your own bundle to take home.
- Olympic Lavender Company was founded in 1995 and was a pioneer in the world of agritourism and They offer a signature line of gifts and lavender products that can be shipped all around the world.
- Lavender Connection grows 40 different varieties on their property and sells handmade items made from lavender oil such as bath and body products as well as candles and cleaning products.
- B&B Family Farm run by 3 generations. They offer free informative lavender farm tours where you can see how they harvest, process, and distill the lavender from their farm.
- Victor’s Lavender is a unique lavender farm that is internationally known. Every Friday and Saturday in July Victor Gonzalez will host educational workshops. There will also be the grand opening of the brand new Victor’s Rain Shadow Lavender Farm with 5,000 plants and a lavender labyrinth.
- Washington Lavender Farm is an oceanfront lavender farm that features an Inn that is a replica of Washington’s Mount Vernon.
- Martha Lane Lavender offers products such as teas, essential oils, lavender for your home, and, of course, fresh lavender.
- Fleurish Lavender of Lost Mountain boasts 100 different varieties on this lavender farm! You can also visit the resident alpacas at the farm and pick yourself a bouquet.
- Kitty B’s Lavender Farm is a sweet little 2.5 acres farm worth a visit. The barn is open to watch the process of bundling and drying of lavender from the farm.
Stay at our Sunny Washington Sanctuary
After a day or 2 of exploring the jaw-dropping lavender farms of the area come back to a place that is quiet, serene, and peaceful. Enjoy a walk or sit on your private beach while drinking in the view of the Strait of Juan de Fuca and the Olympic mountains.
Sit back and enjoy your time in a private cottage with a full kitchen, sitting area, and stunning views all around. This is the ultimate summer getaway spot where you’re sure to make memories that last a lifetime! If you’d like to hang out in the sun, next to the ocean and mountains book your stay with us today!