One of the best places to stay near Olympic National Park is in the beautiful small coastal town of Sequim WA. Our beachfront cottages are the ideal lodging for those hoping to fully explore the stunning wilderness of the Northwest. Not only is our central location on the Olympic Peninsula a perfect home base for your adventures, but our cabins also offer top-of-the-line amenities for a relaxing vacation.
Sequim WA is such a cozy small town on Dungeness Bay. There are a lot of great family-friendly activities with a beautiful backdrop, and our cottages are one of the best places to stay near Olympic National Park for getaways with kids in tow. The little ones love building sandcastles on our private sandy beach and playing yard games on our sweeping green lawns. We also have bikes and kayaks available to borrow on your vacation!
Olympic National Park encompasses nearly a million acres of diverse Pacific Northwest landscape, including old-growth temperate rainforests, glacier-capped mountains, waterways, and more than 70 miles of rugged coastline. It’s ideal for day hikes, backpacking, boating, fishing, and tide-pooling. This national treasure has activities for all ages, and our cabins in Sequim are, hands down, one of the best places to stay near Olympic National Park.
One of the Best Places to stay near Olympic National Park
The Dungeness Bay Cottages comprises six stand-alone luxury cabins, each with private entrances, comfortable amenities, and stunning views of the Strait of Juan de Fuca and the Dungeness Spit and Lighthouse. All of these features make our cottages one of the best places to stay near the Olympic National Park.
After you’ve decided where to stay on the Olympic Penisula, you’ll want to start planning your itinerary. Here are a few of our favorite things to do at Olympic National Park:
- Take an hour’s drive to Hurricane Ridge for an incredible view of the Olympic Mountains. At nearly a mile high, this breathtaking spot is a great location to take in the mountains and valleys from above. You’ll find a visitor center with exhibits, a deli area with snacks, and a souvenir gift shop. There are paths to explore around the visitor center, or if you’re looking for a more substantial hike, head out to Hurricane Hill.
- The Obstruction Point Road trailhead is one of the best day hikes in Olympic National Park. The drive, which begins at the Hurricane Hill parking lot, will get your adrenaline going and ready for hiking past alpine lakes and mountain passes with spectacular views. Badger Valley is known for beautiful wildflowers in the Spring.
- The Hoh Rainforest is the most iconic part of Olympic National Park for its old-growth trees draped in verdant mossy green. This temperate rainforest receives more than 140 inches of rain per year! We recommend that all our guests add a visit to this temperate rainforest to their itinerary.
- Our cabins are one of the best places to stay near the Olympic National Park for those who want to visit the glacier-carved Lake Crescent. This 10-mile long lake has crystal clear water and is a favorite of locals and visitors alike. You’ll want to include a hike to Marymere Falls, as well!
- For a quintessential view of the Washington coastline, Rialto Beach has it all. You’ll find impressive sea stacks, a pebble-filled beach, driftwood logs, and tide pools for exploring. Guest can easily spend an entire day here, so plan ahead and pack a picnic. After a long day in this Northwest beach paradise, you’ll be more than ready to head back to our cabins for a restful evening. After all, we’re one of the most relaxing places to stay near Olympic National Park.
A favorite element that makes our beachfront cottages one of the best places to stay near Olympic National Park is the fantastic sunsets over the water. From the comfort of your own cabin, you can find a cozy chair and take in this view each night. Or enjoy our private outdoor seating areas or by the fire pit for a perfect place for a glass of wine and to watch the day dim into the evening as the bright stars emerge in the vast night sky.
From our landing, lawn, or your living room, you’ll see these panoramic views of our bay, the Dungeness Spit, the Strait of Juan de Fuca, British Columbia, the San Juan Islands, and beyond! It’s genuinely one of the best places to stay near Olympic National Park for these stunning views. For those who might be looking for a larger property, check out our house rentals in the area, also great places to stay near Olympic National Park!
The Perfect Place to Relax after Outdoor Adventures
As one of the best places to stay near Olympic National Park, we pride ourselves on creating a welcoming space for memorable vacations. Not only do guests consistently rave about our location and amenities, but many of our visitors also return year after year to take advantage of our lovely space in Sequim. We take housekeeping and cleanliness very seriously, so it will feel completely comfortable when you check into your cabin.
When choosing between the lodging options in our area, Dungeness Bay Cottages is truly one of the most incredible places to stay near Olympic National Park for outdoor excursions, beach adventures, and relaxing in the sunshine. We can’t wait to host you on the Olympic Peninsula; book today!