During the summer months in the Northwest, the weather is absolutely gorgeous, and there’s no better place to beat the heat than at these Washington beaches near Sequim. The beaches in this area are diverse, some rocky and shell-covered for beachcombing and tide-pooling, and others long stretches of sand ideal for sun-bathing, sandcastles, and wading in the crisp waters of the Strait of Juan de Fuca. Summer is by far one of the best times of year to visit the Olympic Penisula!
Thankfully, the waterfront Dungeness Bay Cottages are one of the best places to stay to enjoy the beautiful Washington beaches. Not only do we have private beach access, but our location near the Dungeness spit and lighthouse is fantastic. Our six fully equipped cabins are set on rolling green lawns on a bluff overlooking the Strait. Whether you’re looking for lodging for a romantic getaway or a big family vacation, these cottages have everything you’ll need.
Best Washington Beaches for Soaking up the Sun
The Olympic Peninsula is magnificent during the summer months. On average, the temperatures hover in the mid-70s, and of course, Sequim is known as one of the sunniest towns in all of Washington. You’ll get to catch some rays here for sure, and spending the day on these Washington beaches is the best way to soak it up!
Here are five Washington beaches to check out during your stay:
- Dungeness Recreation Area: The Dungeness Spit (the longest sand spit in the US, reaching seven miles) will be right outside your front door when you stay in our beachfront cabins. The sandy shore is perfect for walks, relaxing, and bonfires at night. The Dungeness Lighthouse is a five and half-mile hike down the beach from our cabins, be sure to check the tide charts to plan accordingly.
- Port Williams County Park: Head to this spot just north of Sequim for beachcombing and launching your kayaks in the pristine waters of Sequim Bay. While only about a 15-minute drive, this Sequim park is also an excellent destination for biking. Borrow our peddle or electric bikes and take a ride!
- Miller Peninsula State Park: On the other side of Sequim Bay, you’ll find this state park for hiking, picnics, and a quiet shoreline. Take a break skipping rocks on the calm waters.
- Fort Worden State Park: One of the most popular Washington beaches, this long sandy stretch is ideal for a full day outdoors. You’ll also find historical bunkers, expansive parade lawns, restored Victorian-era Officer’s homes, the Point Wilson lighthouse, and Port Townsend Marine Science Center.
- Hollywood Beach: In the heart of downtown Port Angeles, you’ll find Hollywood Beach in the City Pier area, in front of the Red Lion Hotel. This is a great spot to watch the ferry head in and out of port or launch a kayak or paddleboard from the shore. The Olympic Discovery Trail runs adjacent to the beach, so biking or hiking is remarkable.
Cozy Cabins for your Next Getaway to Sequim, WA
While as a guest at our cozy waterfront cabins, you’ll have access to one of the best Washington beaches during your stay, it’s still so much fun to head out and explore the surrounding areas. Our six comfortable and well-appointed cabins offer the perfect place for your next getaway to the Olympic Peninsula. In the mornings, enjoy a cup of coffee and take in the spectacular view from the living room or patio spaces—choice cabins have outdoor hot tubs with amazing views.
Don’t wait to get your summer vacation on the books; head to our calendar and reserve today!