Discovering Wineries on the Olympic Peninsula
Washington wines are becoming well known across the country, and not just because they are affordable. Washington is actually producing delicious wines, with complex and delicious tasting notes that rival wines of the old country. The wineries of the Olympic Peninsla are no exception. Here, you’ll find 10 world-class wineries. When you combine that with delicious local and fresh Northwest cuisine and the breathtaking scenery at our waterfront cottages, you’ll find there’s no where you’d rather be. Book your room at our private oceanfront cottages today.
The Best Wineries to Tour Near Sequim
One of the things we love most about the wineries found here on the Olympic Peninsula is that they are all family owned. Beyond that, they are each quite distinctive, offering a variety of experiences and tasting notes as you move west.
- Marrowstone Vineyards is on beautiful Marrowstone Island near Port Townsend. Here, you’ll find delicious wines as well as a great selection of local art in their upstairs gallery.
- Alpenfire Cider, though not officially a windery, is ocated in Port Townsend, and should definitely be added to your list of tastings.
- At FairWinds Winery, you’ll find some interesting and non-mainstream varietals to try.
- Lullaby Winery can be a little hard to find, but it’s absolutely worth it. Their wines are delicious, and are designed to be eaten with food, which gives them a delightful balance.
- One of the most popular stops east of Sequim is FinnRiver Farm & Cidery in Chimicum, where you’ll find delicious cider, locally sourced food, and often live music on their farm.
- Sequim itself is home to the Wind Rose Cellars, which features Italian style wines from Washington. It is conveniently located downtown, just minutes from the Dungeness Bay Cottages.
- In between Sequim and Port Angeles, you’ll find Olympic Cellars, which was one of the first 15 wineries in Washington State, and the first on the Olympic Peninsula.
- Harbinger Winery, an award-winning winery in the past, is served in many local bars and restaurants, and remains popular on the Olympic Peninsula.
- Comaraderie Cellars has been producing delicious and delicately balanced wine for over 25 years.
Our local wineries are just one of the many great facets of life on the Olympic Peninsula. Having them here means there’s really no excuse not to enjoy good food and good wine. Book your room at the Dungeness Bay Cottages today.
Dungeness Bay Cottages140 Marine Drive
Sequim WA, 98362