Summer Wildflowers Bloom on Sequim’s Hiking Trails
Though there is no bad time to visit the charming town of Sequim, summer days at our beachfront cabins in the Sequim Dungeness Valley are simply delightful. Sequim is nestled between the sparkling waters of the Strait of Juan de Fuca, and at the foothills of the Olympic Mountains. From here, your opportunities to enjoy the Olympic Peninsula’s pristine natural world are endless. One of our favorite things to do each summer is taking a hike into the hills and mountains beyond the town, where fields are wildflowers are blooming. Book a room at the Dungeness Bay Cottages today, and come take one of our favorite wildflower hikes this summer.
Wildflower Hikes Near our Sequim Cottages
Though Sequim is well known for its Lavender Farms, which are truly beautiful during these summer months, there are more blooms to check out while you’re in town. Wildflower hikes can range from simple to challenging, but each of them is a truly stunning way to enjoy the best of the Olympic Peninsula. Here are 5 great hikes to take, each of which will lead you to an incredible display of beautiful wildflowers.
- You don’t have to travel far to see beautiful blooms of wildflowers. The Dungeness National Wildlife Refuge has an abundance of them, and it’s just down the road from our beachside cottages!
- One of the best and easiest to access places to see fields of wildflowers are up at the top of Hurricane Ridge. Hurricane Hill is the most popular trail in the area, but Sunrise Ridge is a less crowded trail that still offers exceptional views of summer wildflowers. While you’re up there, make the effort to take the scenic drive down Obstruction Point Road.
- Mount Townsend is one of the most spectacular hikes near Sequim. It’s a bit longer and on the more challenging side of hikes, but it offers some incredible views of wildflowers during the summer months.
- Tubal Cain Mine Trail leads into the Buckhorn Wilderness and can be combined with a variety of other trails for a range of hikes. There are beautiful fields of wildflowers in this area, delighting summer hikers every year.
- Deer Ridge Trail isn’t too far outside of downtown Sequim, It’s a steep climb, but the mountain views and wildflowers are more than rewarding.
Relax at our Waterfront Cottages
Our private location on the beaches of Sequim can’t be beat. Relax in our comfortable cottages after a long day in the mountains, enjoying the peaceful mountain and water views all around you. Relax over dinner and a glass of wine or beer, and enjoy the dramatic unfolding of a Pacific Northwest sunset in front of you. There’s nothing quite like a summer evening spent at our peaceful waterfront cottages. Come experience it for yourself, and book a room at the Dungeness Bay Cottages today!
Dungeness Bay Cottages140 Marine Drive
Sequim WA, 98362